Emergencies can happen at any time. That’s why it’s important to be ready to take action in case of hurricanes, fires, floods or other disasters.
With hurricane season in full swing (June through November), knowing how to prepare could be a life saver. Protect what’s most important: Your Health.
Feel free to contact Vivida Health at 1-844-243-5131 or TTY at 711.
Vivida’s four ways to prepare for hurricanes
- Have a basic emergency home kit
Make sure to have emergency supplies for everyone under your care, including pets. Find out what to add with this checklist.
- Make a plan
Do you know what to do if a storm hits? The Florida Division of Emergency Management offers help making your own plan.
- Do your homework
It’s important to know what to expect in the event of a hurricane. Ready.gov has info about what to do before and after the storm.
- Plan for special needs
If you or your family has special needs that must be met, make sure and register on the Florida Special Needs Registry. Doing so will help first responders make informed decisions on how to help. It’s also important to know what your Local Special Needs Emergency Shelter offers.
Protecting your home
- Cover all your windows with hurricane shutters or wood.
- Make sure all trees and shrubs are trimmed and rain gutters are clear.
- Reinforce garage doors.
- Bring in all outdoor items.
- Check and brace all internal and external doors.
Protecting your health
Our number-one priority is you and your health. Keeping you connected to the care and services you need are an important part of that. In the event of a disaster, Vivida will take the following actions:
What Vivida offers members during a hurricane or disaster
- Cover out of network providers if you have to leave your county, without pre-authorizations.
- Make sure you have access to your prescriptions, with early refills, extended supplies, or replacements in case of a loss or damage. Just contact Vivida for assistance.
- Contact you, before or immediately after a disaster, if you are enrolled in care management.
- Provide access, without pre-authorizations, to your special services, such as chemotherapy, dialysis, and durable goods such as oxygen.
- Provide assistance in finding shelters
Where to go for updates
During a hurricane or emergency disaster, Vivida will work to meet your needs quickly. We will issue alerts and updates with the
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the Agency for Health Care Administration.
If you have been impacted, call us right away or visit VividaHealth.com/news-events for status updates.